Saturday, September 22, 2007

September 22nd, 2007 - 1 Hour Glucose Test

Well I took the 1 hour glucose test last Saturday. Test results came back that levels were slightly elevated so now I have to go in for the 3 hour glucose test. I'm not too worried as I've had to do this with the last 3 of my 4 pregnancies and I never was positive for gestational diabetes. And if I am this time, no biggy...it happens, right? lol Anyways...got to find the time to do that one. Was going to do it today but I remembered that I'm supposed to eat certain foods and stuff prior to the testing and then fast. So will get with the nurse for that info and maybe the next Saturday or after that I will do it.

Starting to feel the babies move more and a few good kicks here and there. Need to get some heartburn stuff to have on hand. Luckily I only seem to have that problem when pregnant. I'm starting to tolerate food more and not get so sick. I still have a problem if I get up too early in the morning I get really sick. So I quick get up with the kids for school, pray that the little one doesn't wake up, get the kids on the bus and run back to bed. If the little one stays asleep, we can usually stay in bed until 10 am. LOL Then I'm fine. She has been waking up with the school kids lately...so it makes for a long day BUT she's good about staying close to me if I fall asleep. I wake up to find her babies and/or stuffed animals in my arms. I look forward to the school kids coming home b/c then I usually take a nap unless I have to do something with the kids. DH comes home right after the kids get home so that helps and he's here to do things with them while I nap.

We are FINALLY getting the baby baptized on Oct 28th. She was supposed to be baptized last Dec but I had the miscarriage and didn't feel like doing it. So now we are going to do it. Asked one of DH's sisters and her husband to be her godparents. GOSH godparents are so hard to find...I have been sooo disappointed with my so called good choices for godparents for the three older kids that I had DH's mom choose godparents for the baby...lol...I guess she will be 3 on Oct 30th, that I should stop calling her the baby, eh?

Well, tomorrow I will be 19 weeks along...so that's 17 more weeks to go...well that the drs would like me to go...I'm thinking more like 15 weeks is what I want to go! lol Well we shall see what these three little ones decide to do...just praying that they don't come earlier then 15 weeks.

My level 2 u/s in on Thursday....so will post again after that.
Have a great weekend!

A Surrogate Mom

2 comments:

  1. i am so proud of you! i am still deciding if this is best for me. i would love to, but recently met a really nice and repsectful man... makes me think that is for sure??~angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am so proud of you! i am still contiplating. specialy now since i have met someone really nice! so far..~angie

    ReplyDelete