Monday, January 1, 2024

JANUARY 2ND, 2024 - HAPPY 16TH BIRTHDAY!!!


You know what time it is???

That's right! 

16 years ago at this time, 11 pm cst on January 1st, 2008, my water broke... thanks to Baby B, nka Ru! 

Some things that I can still remember 16 years later and how I remember it...

  • Ru thinking I could have the Triplets naturally
  • Ru read in this book that I should gain about 25#s per child
  • The Fertility Statue in the window, peeking through the blinds
  • Little sweet moments between Ru & Miguel
  • Eating Korean BBQ
  • Surrogacy Retreat
  • Ru taking Kaitlind, Charlie and I to Disneyland
  • Getting pregnant with 3 guys (none being my husband) watching... oh and the fertility statue!
  • Seeing three babies on the screen and watching them grow in my belly
  • This day 16 years ago when my water broke and then waking Kaitlind up to let her know we were leaving for the hospital... she thought it was time to go to school!
Finally the memory of the Triplets being born. First Xia, then Ru (the one who wanted out), and Zhen. :) Their cries. I got to "see" them a few seconds after birth and then they were taken away by each of the teams.  My only regrets was not holding the babies. I did get to see the triplets a few years later and give them big hugs.

So here I sit, loving this time of year, wishing all the love and happiness to Ru, Miguel and Triplets.  I am excited to see how it goes with the Triplets driving... more for Ru & Miguel, that is. 😂 I think the driving thing was the hardest for me with my 4 kids... can only imagine how it would be with 3 kids at one time! 😂 

Happy Sweet 16, Xia, Ru & Zhen!
May all of your wishes and dreams come true!

Much love and hugs,
A Surrogate Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment