Sunday, December 30, 2007

December 30th, 2007 - Happy Holidays and All Is Quiet on the Baby Front!

Hi there!

Hope you all had a nice Christmas. Nothing much happening here. It was a quiet Christmas, as will be New Years Eve. DH and the kids spent last Sunday at DH's parents house celebrating Christmas. I didn't go as I"m on bedrest and wasn't really feeling the greatest to go. So it was a nice long day of rest for me. I did worry a little b/c it was snowing and it was blowing like crazy, making visibility and the roads rather dangerous. So I was relieved when DH and the kids finally made it home that day.

My last OB appointment was the day after Christmas. What a stressful morning. It was snowing and we were under a snow advisory warning until noon. Dropped dh off at work just after 6 am and decided to go straight to my appt since the roads were yukky as it was snowing and it would take me a long time to get there during rush hour. It was SO dark out and the snow was blowing. I was overly tired b/c I had no sleep b/c Christmas night I must have gotten a flu bug or something. I felt so sick and was having trouble breathing...probably b/c the babies were pushing and kicking, cutting off my breathing! lol So I had to pull over and rest...then DH told me to turn around and come back and get him from work. He would have taken me but the agency won't rmb him for loss wages, so I tried to do it on my own, but it just wasn't worth the risk that day. So he took the day off from work to take me to the appointment. I was so uncomfortable even with him driving, but was greatful that he took me.

The MAC appointment went well. Each baby scored 8 out of 10 points, so they were doing well and not in any hurry to be born. I was a bit dehydrated from vomiting since the day before....and suffering from heart burn. The dr had my blood drawn to make sure I wasn't suffering from preclampsia (sorry, don't feel like looking up the spelling, lol) Blood test came back normal. The contractions were due to be dehydrated from vomiting and not being able to keep down food and fluids. I was taking a tums about every hour to help the discomfort to then realize that I had taken the maximum allowed for 24 hours. LOL So had to call the dr at 10 pm and see what to do now b/c I didn't think I could survive the night. Thankfully, I was able to take Pepcid...and that got me through the night. I haven't actually had heartburn since then...THANK GOODNESS! Oh...so I didn't gain any weight in the week since the last appointment. The doctor reassured me that I was going to feel miserable, lol, but they would watch me closely in case I can't make it until the c-section on Jan 17th!

So today I'm at 33 weeks. This is very good with triplets. Next OB appointment is on Wed. I think they will be doing an ultrasound to measure the babies. Hard to believe that I will have 2 1/2 weeks left of this pregnancy to go. Still very nervous about the c-section and pray that I don't need a blood transfusion or die. Thank goodness my husband will be there with me. I know he probably doesn't want to be but glad he has agreed to. Heck, I want to be knocked out totally for the c-section but the dr won't let that happen. oh well. lol

And yes, I'd do this again. It is fun being pregnant...lol I think its the part where the babies have to be born that freaks me out.

Well I'm super tired...so time to lay down again and rest before bedtime! :)

Have a happy new year!!!
A Surrogate Mom

1 comment:

  1. Kerri - I haven't read your blog in a while - wow, it is so close - I pray that you have an easy delivery and recovery. My eldest was born on Jan. 14 and youngest on Jan 16. I see your babies are due on the 17th - I am excited for you. Take it easy and I look forward to reading your next post.

    Marie from MommyCommunity.com

    ReplyDelete