Sunday, December 9, 2007

December 9th, 2007 - MADE THE 30 WEEK MARK!

Well, friends, I made it to 30 weeks and the babies are doing just great....they are kicking the crap out of me, making me terribly uncomfortable while they live it up good in my belly, and so on! LOL Funny...I've been on bedrest for a few weeks now but its funny I can't stay laying down for too long because I find I get "morning sickness," heartburn, or the feeling I'm going to pass out because one or more of the babies is cutting off my oxygen level! YES its funny! lol HEY, I still will do this again...be a surrogate if another family wants me to! (Just next time I think I will just carry twins...lol. Ok I think I'd do triplets if the family could afford the medical bills since surrogate insurance no longer covers triplets) Anyways...WOW 30 weeks...its been such a long journey for my IP, me and our families. It will be so nice when the day finally comes!

At my last appointment, the dr says that they are looking for me to get to at least 35-36 weeks, but no talk of exactly when they will deliver the babies. My due date is Feb 18th, 2008! (I really hope I don't have to wait that long! lol 36 weeks is fine!) YES, AUTOMATIC C-SECTION for the triplets. They just want the babies to grow as much as they can, so they are fully developed and strong. My appointments are weekly now and they are closely monitoring the babies' activities. So maybe in a few weeks we will know. Actually knowing will really help so I can make arrangements for the kids and stuff.

I do not know/remember what the IP is naming his babies. As far as pictures, I'm not sure I can even post them, unless the IP would like me to on my blog. I'm not much into pictures and plan to have MINIMAL contact with the IP or the babies after this is over. This is MY CHOICE so please do not ask me why, because its no one's business. In my contract, I have requested the yearly "Christmas picture" card just to see the babies as they grow up. My reason to be a surrogate was to give other families an opportunity to have children, as I was lucky to have. I enjoy being pregnant, despite the days of "what the heck was I thinking of" attitude, lol. And well I wanted to help a family and then move on with my life and them theirs. I do not need to receive praise or whatever for what I have done for the rest of my life. I'm just happy to have been able to help. Well who knows...maybe things will change after the birth of the babies, but that part is private and I hope you all can respect that.

Hard to believe that in 4-6 (ok NOT more then that I hope, lol) weeks, this will be over. 30 weeks was the goal and I am greatful that the babies and I have made it this far. PLUS I'm greatful that I have NOT gained a zillion pounds with this pregnancy. Don't get me wrong...I do eat plenty...I LOVE FOOD. Just the babies and I must burn up a lot of calories! lol

Well, next appointment on Tuesday. Will post again after that!
Have a great week!
A Surrogate Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment