Tuesday, October 31, 2006

October 26th, 2006 - The Transfer!!!

Finally the day has come and gone! It was a quick procedure and a long day of resting. From 16 great looking follicles, came 25 eggs....and in the end 9 embryos. What a neat process. Seeing pictures of the embryos was even neater. IP choose 3....2 excellent and 1 very good....and crossing our fingers for TWINS!!!! very low chance of triplets...8% chance, I think.

The procedure, as I said, was very quick...and not painful at all. Its bedrest for 36 hours and continue with my injections until further notice. Interesting...I am considered 2 gestational weeks along now. On November 5th I will have my beta test to confirm pregnancy and if negative, then will be redone on Nov 7th. If it is positive, then an ultrasound will be done to confirm the heartbeats. And the estimated due date: July 17th, 2007!!! WOW Doc says that on the 8th day after the transfer we should know but they do the beta test on the 10th day to be accurate. hmmm....not sure I can wait until the 5th! lol

WOW....to think I have three embryos in me...its sort of wierd while at the same time, quite exciting. I sure hope they take. :)

The kids are behaving and having fun hanging out with IP. I know my case manager was probably worried about us having them there. We assured her...no problems. I'd get my rest. :)

Well, time to call it a day!
Sticky thoughts,
A Surrogate Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment