Monday, October 9, 2006

October 9th, 2006 - Columbus DID NOT Discover America!!!

So why the heck are they still teaching that to the children in elementary school? This morning my daughter said that her 5th grade teacher is teaching the wrong information. From the day my children could understand I have made sure that they understand that Columbus was a bad person. The Indians were living in "America" when Columbus happened upon them. You can't discover something that is already there! Columbus and his men slaughtered the Indians...so I prefer that my children not be taught otherwise. The joys of being a parent and wanting your children to be educated the correct way!

Anyways... I survived my first injection on Saturday, with the next dose tomorrow. I am glad that I have someone doing it for me. She poked my butt and I didn't even realize it was over!!! Ok...hope the rest of the injections are like that too! lol I've had a headache since the shot but not sure if that is the cause or what. The prenatal vitamins don't seem to make me sick like others have, so thats good.

Nothing too exciting going on this week. Got to get my newsletter done by Wed as our meeting is Thursday! Got Logos on Wed and I've volunteered in the kitchen for Oct and Nov. Its not too bad. I actually like it rather then watching the kids in the nursery. Speaking of nursery...on Sunday evenings my daughter and I volunteer in the nursery for Alpha. Kids are great this time around, but there is this cute, well-behaved baby that urpies non stop...ok...a lot where he really needs a bunch of spit rags...he only has one. Well he urpied so much last night, the smell in the nursery just made my stomach turn and feel so sick. lol Imagine how it will be when I'm actually preggo! lol Anyways just had to vent there...it was gross! lol Next week I will bring the lysol!

Will post again when I have something new to tell!
Have a great day!
A Surrogate Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment