Saturday, July 8, 2006

January 10th, 2006 - He Said NO

My husband said no right away and gave me three reasons: 1. it was just another crazy idea of mine to make some $$$ to continue staying home, 2. I would not do good with someone telling me what to eat, drink, wear, do, etc. and 3. Could I give up the baby in the end.

Well, it isn't about or for the money (although I bet any good surrogate would say that too). The agency matches you with parents with similar personalities, wants, expectations, etc. Lastly, I could give up the baby because I would be the gestational surrogate. Gestational surrogates are basically the "oven," as people seem to call it. I will not use my eggs nor my husband's sperm. A traditional surrogate uses her own eggs. Basically, I told him, that I was doing this because its something I always wanted to do. I felt I was meant to help another, since I have had 4 great pregnancies.

So it came down to this from my husband. 1. No more babies in our family and so long as we are not stuck with anyone's baby, fine. 2. Realize I can't change my mind once I start the process. 3. He'll watch our children but he's not going to be in the delivery room 4. He wanted a big screen HDTV and an Xbox 360.

So the decision has been made. I have completed the application to be a surrogate now that I have his approval. (Just haven't told him that he has to take time off from work and fly to CA with me a couple of times. Will tell him later.)

You know, I don't think being a surrogate mom is for everyone. You just "know" if you can. LOL, so professional sounding, eh?

My husband asked me to marry him after being together for a month. I just laughed because I thought this was his tactic to have sex with me. He was serious. He wanted to marry me and be the dad to my two little ones. He said you either know or you don't. If you have reservations about the person from the gecko, well then, its just not worth wasting time on the relationship. I liked his thinking, as I remember the wasted years of trying to make relationships work with the dumb a$$es I've been with. Ok...so I said Yes. I had no reservations of getting married and spending the rest of my life with him. Funny to think about friends who have been together for 10+ years and STILL don't know if they are with the right person. lol

So, I have no reservations about being a surrogate mom. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment