Saturday, July 8, 2006

March 29th, 2006 - We are home!

OMG....what an awesome SHORT time in CA. I had a nice time. We stayed at a really nice hotel, just off of Sunset Blvd.

Ok, so here is how it went....

The flight out was fine. We transferred in Phoenix. Wow...its beautiful there...well all I saw were the mountains as we flew into the airport there. When we got to CA, a driver was waiting for us. Its fun to see your name on the big white card! LOL We were a little early for our appointment at the agency, so at this cute little place. We met with so many people. I was nervous. I had to take some psychological tests on the computer. I hope I did ok because I had no sleep from the excitement of going. I think I was sleeping while answering the questions. I just wanted it to be done with. lol Everyone at the agency was so nice.

After that was over, we were on our own until the next day with the fertility dr. So we went to the hotel, walked around and had dinner. LOL Nothing too exciting as we were both really exhausted.

Went to my appt at the fertility clinic. Love the doc I will be working with. He is funny and outgoing, which really helps. He says I'm boring...medical history boring. The exam went well. I am going to be tested for nicotine because DH is a chain smoker. DH does not smoke around the main areas of the house where the kids and I are, but downstairs and outside. I'm not a smoker, never have been, and I will be upset if I test positive. The doc says that no one wants to work with a surrogate who is positive for nicotine. Dh stated he will quit, as it is time that he should and because I want to be a surrogate. Will find out in two weeks my results of the exam and nicotine. How stressful! I know my exam should be fine as I've been healthy forever and had 4 great pregnancies.

The trip back to MN was fun as our connecting flight was through Las Vegas this time. We had a 3 hour layover. We were able to get on an earlier flight in Vegas so we got home at midnight, rather then 4 am, which was our original flight. It was nice to get home and see the kids. The kids had made Welcome Home decorations so that was fun. I should have taken pictures. oh well.

We are home safe. Now to wait two weeks for the results!

No comments:

Post a Comment