Saturday, July 8, 2006

March 20th, 2006 - Update on my application process

oops...got to get better at this journaling stuff.

Here is what has happened over the last month or so.

Had my phone interview. I was so nervous, but I think it went well. Turned in additional paperwork, criminal checks came back fine. As a surrogate you choose who you work with. I am open to working with "anyone." My preference is a happy gay couple who want at least twins. My parents would probably roll over in their grave if they knew that I wanted to help a gay couple, but I would think they would respect my decision. My in-laws would probably not agree with my decision. Anyways, bottom line, I feel there should be no discrimination (color, religion, sexual preference, etc) on who can be a parent, so long as they truly want to be loving and caring parents, and to raise their children in a healthy and loving environment.

After the phone interview, I had to call them when my next cycle started, as then I would fly out to CA for my screening and physical two weeks later.

Received my benefits package today. That was exciting. My screening is schedule for March 27th & 28th in California. DH will have to fly out there with me.

BTW....Last month I got my husband his big screen tv and X-box 360. All I know is he better appreciate that 360 b/c I called WalMart and GameStop everyday to see if they got a shipment in for them. So he's happy. :)

I'm excited for our trip to CA. Someone from our church helped refer me to someone to watch our children, since we have no family and friends where we live. We are fairly new to the area. DH and I never took a honeymoon when we got married because we had to quick get married and go to Texas to take care of some legal matters concerning him adopting my oldest son who was born there. So, our Anniversary is March 29th, so this will be nice to have a little fun in CA, even if its a quick trip. I will have my screening on the 27th, meet people at the agency. Then on the 28th, I have my physical.

Haven't flown in a long time. Sort of having anxiety about it, crashing and who will take care of the kids, blah blah blah. I know it will all be fine. Its hard to be away from the kids when I am with them 24/7. Looking forward to time with DH though. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment